Coverage & Policies - Policy Forms

The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is your primary source for flood insurance in the U.S. The often catastrophic nature of flooding has kept most insurers from writing flood coverage. The NFIP was established to help licensed agents and insurance companies provide affordable flood insurance to homeowners and businesses.

Whether your property is in a low- to moderate-risk or high-risk flood area, it can be insured with the NFIP Flood Insurance Policy, if it is located in a community that participates in the NFIP.

The Standard Flood Insurance Policy

The NFIP offers three Standard Flood Insurance Policies. The policy type is determined by how a building is occupied. The three policy forms are:

  • The Dwelling Form insures residential structures and/or contents and individual residential condominium units.
  • The General Property Form covers residential buildings of more than four families as well as non-residential buildings (schools, churches, businesses, etc.).
  • The Residential Condominium Building Association Policy Form (RCBAP) insures associations under the condominium form of ownership.

    This policy is a lower-cost option, for building and contents coverage on properties located in a low- to moderate-risk area. It is available for both residential and non-residential properties.

To view samples of these policy forms, please visit



Also Visit Available Limits